Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2

2013-08-09T13:54:06+00:00

Hey guys anyone with an android phone or tablet should get on the play store and check out the new app for the server! Its very convenient on the go If anyone has any suggestions for the app please post them here! Also if I see that enough people are using the android app I'm am very likely going to create an apple version of the app for all you IPhone users! So spread the word and enjoy

2013-08-09T14:02:15+00:00

hell yea im getting this

2013-08-09T14:03:45+00:00

It could automatically give you a little bleep whenever someone posts on the forums. You could set it to: None, Only threads made by me, Only <category i.e.General Discussion> or all.

2013-08-09T15:06:16+00:00

o.o Did you make this Olaf?

I have an iPhone, so I can't test it, but it sounds awesome.

2013-08-09T16:44:05+00:00

what does it even do?
i'm also with apple so >.>

2013-08-09T22:46:05+00:00

Aww I have an iPhone aaaughh!

Curse you handed down, old, broken, rejected iPhooooneeee!!!

2013-08-10T00:23:14+00:00

1. Olaf FIX IT FOR IPHONE PLEASE!!!

2. Luna this my little pony is scaring me now o.o

2013-08-10T00:33:48+00:00

Luna1092Aww I have an iPhone aaaughh!

O_O Holy tits!

Did that pony just become a Super Saiyan?!?!?! Or well.. pony!?

Back on target, Rye, it costs money to put the apps on the market… think I heard a figure of like $100 a year, probably a lot more. Considering Standard's not gonna have the most traffic for the app and it's on the Android market as is, putting it on the App Store along with the Android market will probably cost… a lot. And not return a lot of money. I'm just thankful that Olaf or whomever put the time into making it. :3 Now just gotta see if it'll return enough popularity to warrant it on the App Store…

*Waits patiently*

>.>

2013-08-10T00:46:43+00:00

CrimsonAngel

O_O Holy tits!

Back on target, Rye, it costs money to put the apps on the market… think I heard a figure of like $100 a year, probably a lot more. Considering Standard's not gonna have the most traffic for the app and it's on the Android market as is, putting it on the App Store along with the Android market will probably cost… a lot. And not return a lot of money. I'm just thankful that Olaf or whomever put the time into making it. :3 Now just gotta see if it'll return enough popularity to warrant it on the App Store…

*Waits patiently*

>.>

It may cost alot but if you get ADs I know advertising… They will definetely help pay for the cost of the apps and marketplace. Just saying :3

2013-08-10T06:26:33+00:00

ads but nothing to graphic, since we have youngsters on here

on the minecraft skin editor i used (it was a app) there was a condom ad , and it couldn't be closed -_-

2013-08-10T07:54:33+00:00

Brilliant, thanks man always thought something like this would be great!

2013-08-10T09:27:24+00:00

CrimsonAngel

O_O Holy tits!

*Waits patiently*

>.>

I told Olaf that I would donate money anytime! I just need to figure out y my Paypal isn't working :/

2013-08-10T09:49:24+00:00

Yea it does cost a lot for both Andriod and the app store will cost a lot :/

And as for the pony thing, we bronies like to believe Twilight evolved into Rapidash XD

2013-08-11T21:29:05+00:00

CrimsonAngel

O_O Holy tits!

*Waits patiently*

>.>
holy tits…seriously like…ugh.

2013-08-11T21:31:56+00:00

soooooooooooooo is it free? my phone is dead atm so i cant check…

(androids ftw)

2013-08-12T22:32:33+00:00

My IPhone is in Denmark.

2013-08-14T14:11:07+00:00

Hey guys glad to see the large amount of responses and questions at the moment the app is the website! Nothing extreme or special. This week I am planning to push an update that adds a tab for minecraft wiki for easy access to recipes and such I will also be adding a YouTube page for anyone that would like to advertize their minecraft YouTube page. I thought that would be a nice touch and would help spread word of the app. Addressing the apple store app questions crimson is correct. If I wanted to purchase a developer licence for apple it would end up costing me $99 a year. Which is quite costly and it is the only thing holding me back from pushing the app to apple devices. Putting small ads on the android version would help pay for the apple app in the long run. But for me to be able to put ads on the android app I would need at least 100 downloads to even be approved for ad placement. So spread the word about the android version if you are wanting an apple version of the app soon Also another thing I would like to address is that this app will remain free no matter what. Even when it gets places on the apple store it will remain free. It wouldn't be fair to charge for an app that server made from the ground up. On the other hand I will be adding a donator version of the app that will be ad free (if I ever get ads on the android version) and it'll only be a $1 to help keep the app on the Apple store. You all have to understand that I'm in college and can't afford too much lol so any help would be greatly appreciated looking into the more distant future of the app, I am planning to add some cool features. Like phone live chat notifications that let you know if you are mentioned and other super cool stuff. So keep the cool ideas coming. By the end of this month I'll have enough to buy a program that let's me make crazy cool apps and games for phones. Anyways any ideas or questions you might have please post on here and I'll respond asap. Thank you for all you that downloaded the app already and hope to see more people getting it soon!
Edited by OlafDaModerator 2013-08-14T14:24:58+00:00

2013-08-14T14:14:28+00:00

CrimsonAngelo.o Did you make this Olaf?

I have an iPhone, so I can't test it, but it sounds awesome.

Haha yes I did crimson. So far its mega simple though. Took almost no effort honestly. But I'm planning a lot of updates soon so stay tuned for some cool features

2013-08-14T15:21:49+00:00

Haven't tested this yet but how is it different from normal phone web browsing? I can do everything on my phone that I can do with computer like ranks webchat etc. without any apps. Enlighten me

2013-08-14T15:46:59+00:00

ViikkizHaven't tested this yet but how is it different from normal phone web browsing? I can do everythi. on my phone that I can do with computer like ranks webchat etc. without any apps. Enlighten me

Ah so from experience I've used both web browsing and the actual app and i have to say i enjoy the app alot more. One reason im more likey to use it because it works very well in weak 3g, 4g zones. Everything like chat updates fluently and I guess it just feels a lot better than using a web browser on your phone. Right now I'm writing this reply with 0 bars and its going to upload to the server unlike if i was using chrome or the stock browser the upload would fail. I guess you'll have to try it out for yourself to decide whether you like it or not. its free so whats the harm? and if you look at my previous post i will be adding alot of features in the future which will post notifications to your phone if you get mentioned in chat and other cool stuff.
Pages: 1 2
You must login before you can post a reply