Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2015-07-10T07:44:22+00:00

Hello!

My name is sacredarchitect, or Sociopath (formerly Grammar_Overlord), and I am the leader of the group Architects. It is my great pleasure to give to you all the opportunity to become an Architect. Together we can share many great experiences, an opulent lifestyle, and hopefully a great deal of fun.

In order to join, you must complete this application to the best of your ability. I will contact you in game or through Standard's mail function in order to let you know whether or not you were accepted. Do not fret if you are not accepted, for I will be incredibly picky as to who joins or who doesn't join. The odds are against you in joining.

Before I get into the application materials, I think it is best that I divulge to you some crucial information about my group:

We are not a PvP- or building-exclusive group. We engage in both of these activities and many others. As Standard Survival IV continues, we will be raiding, PVPing, gaining influence, and also occasionally gathering resources. Our primary objective is to enjoy ourselves while thriving in our endeavors.

With that, I will now move on to the rules of being an Architect:

1.) You are not to grief or alter any construction projects unless explicitly given permission by me or a moderator of the group.

2.) You are allowed one personal double chest in a specified location. As always, your Enderchest may also serve as a location for storing personal items. However, anything else is to be put into the group's public chests. Exceptions can be made with permission from me.

3.) Respect your fellow group members and any allies of the group. Killing, raiding, and stalking in game any enemy or "random" players is allowed and encouraged. If any of your raids or attacks are too difficult for you to handle yourself, you are welcome to come to your group for assistance.

4.) You are to remain active in the group. "Active," for my purposes, is playing at least an hour a day while doing meaningful activities. If you know that you will not be able to play for an extended period of time, please let me or a moderator know. We are understanding.

5.) If you are online, you are expected to participate in, as mentioned in 4.), meaningful activities. This can be many things. For example, mining, PvPing, farming, building, and trading are great things to do.

6.) When building something, be aware that I or a moderator may ask you to deconstruct it if it is not aesthetically pleasing or if it is unnecessary.

7.) Do not ask for moderator status. Only the few individuals I know in real life are permitted to this luxury.

8.) This is not a democratic group. If a majority of group members decides on something, I have the final say. However, it is more than likely that I will agree on matters.

9.) Use common sense.

10.) Punitive actions may be taken if you infringe any of the above rules or any other rules stated by me or a moderator. Discipline may include being kicked, killed, and having your items stolen.

Thank you for reading the rules. I will now move on to the actual application. Please, copy and paste the following application into your forum post. If you are uncomfortable answering any of these questions publicly, please send the individual questions and responses to me via Standard mail.

APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO ARCHITECTS

Respond to each of the following coherently and honestly.

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it?

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft?

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before?

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival?

5.) What is your age?

6.) What is your gender?

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay?

8.) Do you have any allies/friends on this server? If so, please, list them.

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them.

10.) Detail your experience with building.

11.) Detail your experience with mining.

12.) Detail your experience with PvP.

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft?

14.) Have you ever been on a raid?

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base?

16.) Do you want to raid my group? If so, why?

17.) Suppose there is a group of four invisible enemies in IV outside of the base. How would you respond?

18.) Suppose someone is shooting TNT at the Cube, which is made of obsidian. How would you respond?

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response.

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree.

Thank you for your interest in becoming an Architect. If all goes in your favor, you will be receiving a notification of your acceptance and an official invite on the server.

Thank you,
sacredarchitect

This post may be modified at any time to fix grammatical errors.
Edited by Sociopath 2015-09-09T23:52:08+00:00

2015-07-10T08:10:57+00:00

ha 18 fps THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR USING CPU INTEGRATED GRAPHICS YOU BITCH

your base is very sexy btw i liked the old one better though

2015-07-10T08:11:03+00:00

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? Macrepeh. Hypercam. Hepercam. hepercaM. Macrepeh.

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? Since like late 2010 or early 2011 or so not entirely sure.

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? Yeah I played on several (poorly).

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? 8 months maybe?

5.) What is your age? 10001

6.) What is your gender? Male

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? My species primarily communicates by manipulating our neck fat in various ways but I do speak English somewhat fluently.

8.) Do you have any allies/friends on this server? If so, please, list them. One time Caek didn't hit me while I was running around in unclaimed wilderness so I guess he counts.

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. One time Caek hit me while I was running around in unclaimed wilderness so I guess he counts.

10.) Detail your experience with building. I built a dick once and it looked kind of ok I guess. I also built a base in SSIII that was pretty ugly, especially from the outside.

11.) Detail your experience with mining. I only recently managed to find emeralds.

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. One time, on another server, I was in full diamond armor with a diamond sword and tried to jump a noob in iron. I lost.

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? To clog up the chat with my dumb observations.

14.) Have you ever been on a raid? Yes, surprisingly.

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? Define "effectively."

16.) Do you want to raid my group? If so, why? Yes because you're a butt.

17.) Suppose there is a group of four invisible enemies in IV outside of the base. How would you respond? If I were in the base and saw them outside, I'd dump TNT on them or something. If I were outside the base, I'd tell them their mother is calling them and hope it works.

18.) Suppose someone is shooting TNT at the Cube, which is made of obsidian. How would you respond? kek

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response. I want to destroy Architects. One time, Sacred called me fat. It wasn't nice so I'm going to destroy his group. Like and share if you are against bullying.

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree. EAT SHIT

2015-07-10T08:50:35+00:00

"It my great pleasure"

2015-07-10T13:46:08+00:00

Cosmicnessa: my brother was cosmicrickster so i copied his username a bit.
Sourskittlezhd: gay pride with a bit of a sour personality, it described me well.

I think 2 years.

Yes

Aug or sept 2013…i have to find cosmicrickster on the forums

5.) What is your age?

6.) What is your gender?
F

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay?
Yes

Caek
Hannah
Brett
Tanner
Tin
Michael
Rpf
Halo
Hotshot
Trix
Reven
Sharpshooter
Tykay
Puca
Notiice
Kyle

Brianlags
Iram
Bacca
TA
And everyone else on the server who isnt my friend.

Bad

Bad

Double bad!!!

Talking in chat

Yes

No

No

17.) Suppose there is a group of four invisible enemies in IV outside of the base. How would you respond?
Go out with iv and get 4v1ed. I will die with honor and lose iv.

18.) Suppose someone is shooting TNT at the Cube, which is made of obsidian. How would you respond?
Try to kill them

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response.
It seems fun. I am bored. Architects have won!

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree. Yeah, i agree!
Edited by Nessa 2015-07-10T13:48:53+00:00

2015-07-10T13:46:16+00:00

:

1.) You are not to grief or alter any construction projects unless explicitly given permission by me or a moderator of the group. (OK)

2.) You are allowed one personal double chest in specified location. As always, your Enderchest may also serve as a location for storing personal items. However, anything else is to be put into the group's public chests. Exceptions can be made with permission from me. (+_+)

3.) Respect your fellow group members and any allies of the group. Killing, raiding, and stalking in game any enemy or "random" players is allowed and encouraged. If any of your raids or attacks are too difficult for you to handle yourself, you are welcome to come to your group for assistance. ()

4.) You are to remain active in the group. "Active," for my purposes, is playing at least an hour a day while doing meaningful activities. If you know that you will not be able to play for an extended period of time, please let me or a moderator know. We are understanding.

5.) If you are online, you are expected to participate in, as mentioned in 4.), meaningful activities. This can be many things. For example, mining, PvPing, farming, building, and trading are great things to do.
X)
6.) When building something, be aware that I or a moderator may ask you to deconstruct it if it is not aesthetically pleasing or if it is unnecessary.
I may need lessons, then
7.) Do not ask for moderator status. Only the few individuals I know in real life are permitted to this luxury. XP

8.) This is not a democratic group. If a majority of group members decides on something, I have the final say. However, it is more than likely that I will agree on matters. (A republic, I see. .. )

9.) Use common sense. (that's my fifth sense. My hearing practically doesn't exist)

10.) Punitive actions may be taken if you infringe any of the above rules or any other rules stated by me or a moderator. Discipline may include being kicked, killed, and having your items stolen. ( Don't kick too hard. I'm physically sensitive)

Thank you for reading the rules. I will now move on to the actual application. Please, copy and paste the following application into your forum post. If you are uncomfortable answering any of these questions publicly, please send the individual questions and responses to me via Standard mail.

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? James_Dumbledore. I'm the most powerful and interesting wizard (forget gandalf the gay)

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? 1.0 official release. redstone update is when I was active

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? This is my second one.

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? 4 1/2 months

5.) What is your age? 13 1/2

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? No I speak American, Canadian, nerd, geek, gamer, retard just as well as I can speak english

8.) Do you have any allies/friends on this server? If so, please, list them. TA, Warriorcatz thrace, Furrycarrot, tacomindfck, Architects, Iram, Caekland, Fabian, BluePlanet, archer, sinfer, BLUES, Hannah, Congoray, Chelsea4561, ASM, Brian? Pigeon? gamefreek?

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. gamefreek? Brian? My enimies have not been confirmed

10.) Detail your experience with building. I build well, but I lack most forms of aesthetics

11.) Detail your experience with mining. I'm very efficient

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. You already know. . .

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? Mining, and pissing off people by being stupid

14.) Have you ever been on a raid? Yes

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? Yes, in some aspects. (I don't mean unclaimed territory either

16.) Do you want to raid my group? If so, why? No, because ill get my ass kicked hard

17.) Suppose there is a group of four invisible enemies in IV outside of the base. How would you respond? I will be ready

18.) Suppose someone is shooting TNT at the Cube, which is made of obsidian. How would you respond? Laugh at the st00pid bastards

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response. ?

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree.
Aside from the 1 doub rule, they're all good

Thank you for your interest in becoming an Architect. If all goes in your favor, you will be receiving a notification of your acceptance and an official invite on the server.

Thank you,
sacredarchitect

Im not done yet
Edited by Jamesology101 2015-07-10T19:02:38+00:00

2015-07-10T20:35:51+00:00

1.) You are not to grief or alter any construction projects unless explicitly given permission by me or a moderator of the group. Blew up your base SS3 Noob

2.) You are allowed one personal double chest in a specified location. As always, your Enderchest may also serve as a location for storing personal items. However, anything else is to be put into the group's public chests. Exceptions can be made with permission from me. LOL NO

3.) Respect your fellow group members and any allies of the group. Killing, raiding, and stalking in game any enemy or "random" players is allowed and encouraged. If any of your raids or attacks are too difficult for you to handle yourself, you are welcome to come to your group for assistance. EAT SHIT

4.) You are to remain active in the group. "Active," for my purposes, is playing at least an hour a day while doing meaningful activities. If you know that you will not be able to play for an extended period of time, please let me or a moderator know. We are understanding. LOL I'M INACTIVE NOOB.

5.) If you are online, you are expected to participate in, as mentioned in 4.), meaningful activities. This can be many things. For example, mining, PvPing, farming, building, and trading are great things to do. LOL I'm INACTIVE NOOB.

6.) When building something, be aware that I or a moderator may ask you to deconstruct it if it is not aesthetically pleasing or if it is unnecessary. Building is 4 nobz

7.) Do not ask for moderator status. Only the few individuals I know in real life are permitted to this luxury. I don't know you irl and I have mod. U r lier

8.) This is not a democratic group. If a majority of group members decides on something, I have the final say. However, it is more than likely that I will agree on matters. I call bs

9.) Use common sense. why would I do that

10.) Punitive actions may be taken if you infringe any of the above rules or any other rules stated by me or a moderator. Discipline may include being kicked, killed, and having your items stolen. gey

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? Adolph Hitler, Its my irl name

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? I'd say 2-3 months

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? no

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? 2 days

5.) What is your age? 69

6.) What is your gender. Other

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? I do not speak english at all.

8.) Do you have any allies/friends on this server? If so, please, list them. Jester,Jester,Jester,TA,Jester,Mega_Assassin

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. Sacredarchitect,Macrepeh

10.) Detail your experience with building. One time I built this gay ass ice castle and sum1 blew a hole in the side of it so I took it down to prove I was better dan dem

11.) Detail your experience with mining. oh you know my experience. if you catch my drift

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. I'm shit

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? Being inactive

14.) Have you ever been on a raid? No

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? No

16.) Do you want to raid my group? If so, why? Yes, becaue you are are fgt eZ nobs

log off because I'm inactive anyway.

call them a fucking idiot

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response. I hate you and I want you to suffer.

Your rules are fucking suck. You suck.

2015-07-26T06:34:48+00:00

Hello! Hi

My name is sacredarchitect, or Grammar_Overlord, and I am the leader of the group Architects. It , my great pleasure to give to you all the opportunity to become an Architect. Together we can share many great experiences, an opulent lifestyle, and hopefully a great deal of fun. I am Steve

In order to join, you must complete this application to the best of your ability. I will contact you in game or through Standard's mail function in order to let you know whether or not you were accepted. Do not fret if you are not accepted, for I will be incredibly picky as to who joins or who doesn't join. The odds are against you in joining. Okay

Before I get into the application materials, I think it is best that I divulge to you some crucial information about my group:

We are not a PvP- or building-exclusive group. We engage in both of these activities and many others. In the beginning months of SS IV, we will be focusing on resource gathering and constructing the interior of our base called "the Cube." Our primary objective is to enjoy ourselves while thriving in our endeavors.

With that, I will now move on to the rules of being an Architect:

1.) You are not to grief or alter any construction projects unless explicitly given permission by me or a moderator of the group.

2.) You are allowed one personal double chest in a specified location. As always, your Enderchest may also serve as a location for storing personal items. However, anything else is to be put into the group's public chests. Exceptions can be made with permission from me.

3.) Respect your fellow group members and any allies of the group. Killing, raiding, and stalking in game any enemy or "random" players is allowed and encouraged. If any of your raids or attacks are too difficult for you to handle yourself, you are welcome to come to your group for assistance.

7.) Do not ask for moderator status. Only the few individuals I know in real life are permitted to this luxury.

8.) This is not a democratic group. If a majority of group members decides on something, I have the final say. However, it is more than likely that I will agree on matters.

9.) Use common sense.

10.) Punitive actions may be taken if you infringe any of the above rules or any other rules stated by me or a moderator. Discipline may include being kicked, killed, and having your items stolen.

Thank you for reading the rules. I will now move on to the actual application. Please, copy and paste the following application into your forum post. If you are uncomfortable answering any of these questions publicly, please send the individual questions and responses to me via Standard mail. Okay they seem reasonable

1) AlmnostSteve: Steve is the default character and I like to do what Steve would do, a little of everything. But I would also like to be me. So I am Almost Steve ( The N is what makes me different )

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? You know, but about A year and a month, I joined standard on my first PC day

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? This is my second ( SS3 BEING THE FIRST ).

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? Year/3months

5.) What is your age? 14

6.) What is your gender? Other ( JK I have a penis )

English is my primary

Allies

TA, Sorta

My current team

Dev's team

Enemies

Dalek group

Legendary (bacca)

The Snipes

Scandi

I am great at building, not amazing but good, better than when I first applied

I know my way around a pickaxe

Good, slow, depends on if I have mods active, I can't be surprise attacked I am getting a new laptop which only I will use, not all my family ( Alex and Notch are not the only ones )

Building, and redstoning

My first raid was with you

I've seen enough attacks and defends to know how to make one.

Nah, I want to apply and see what happens

Stone swords, nah I am not Neil, I would wait them out or log out and do other things. I might taunt them a little.

I think there is obby cannons, but I would get out there and counter tnt them or attack them with IV

Just want to get back with the architects. I remember having a lot of fun at your base. I liked the raidswe did in the following months. I would like to get that back. The architects kept me on Standard Survival just when i was about to quit.

I hereby agree to the following rules and if invited, will see what new things may be added/removed.

Thank you,
sacredarchitect

Thanks, I look forward to seeing what Ta would do about this .

2015-08-13T03:23:17+00:00

Slam! I bumped it super hard, been waiting sacred

2015-08-13T04:05:34+00:00

…… . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2015-08-13T07:20:28+00:00

Chris_Marko, First name Chris Last name Marko IRL gg
I've been playing minecraft since obama became president.
This server isn't even factions LOL Raiding does not exsist on standard survival.
CrimsonAngel is my alt
5.) What is your age?
9+9-9+9-9+9-9+9-9+9-9+9
6.) What is your gender?
Hermaphrodite
They call me DuthNick
I friend my enemies and enemy my friends
I friend my enemies and enemy my friends
I got the best builder award at minecon 2010
I dig in a straight line till I find the enderdragon
I whip my sword back and forth.
I roast people #24/7
I raided notch
I built a cannon out of tnt
Why would I want to raid you? You probably only own 1 set of IV to your name D:
I will call mega. He'll find em
I would panic in the fettle position and cry until they went away.
Your group is trash without me allow me to make it better by presenting myself as your leader.
Your rules are trash. My rules will be magnificent once you appoint me your undying ruler.

2015-08-13T13:58:18+00:00

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? Ocelothero, I like cats and heros. Not superheros just regular heros.

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? For around 9 months.

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? This is my first.

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? 7 months maybe

5.) What is your age? 14 years in less than a month

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? Yes

8.) Do you have any allies/friends on this server? If so, please, list them. James_Dumbledore, skilledolive, Ocelots, (Since I would join on an alt if I was accepted) and the list goes on.

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. Nobody made me their enemy, except Neil and Zac.

10.) Detail your experience with building. I can build good looking things, but I don't like it as much as the server builders, and I'm not as good as them.

11.) Detail your experience with mining. Half a stack of diamonds within about a half hour, maybe more.

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. I'm awful, but may change if my parents buy a better computer, or I get a laptop.

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? Collecting things, being an underdog.

14.) Have you ever been on a raid? No. I will only raid for vengeful reasons.

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? Yes, although I've never done it to someones actual base.

17.) Suppose there is a group of four invisible enemies in IV outside of the base. How would you respond? Don't let them in.

18.) Suppose someone is shooting TNT at the Cube, which is made of obsidian. How would you respond? Fire a flaming arrow as soon as they place the tnt. Raids blowing up right in their face

19.) What is your primary reason for wanting to join this group and not another? Please, give multiple sentences for this response. I can't say I want to join, but I would if you accept this.

The only thing is sometimes I'm not productive. And I won't really help you get rich, I'll just be there.
Edited by Sef 2015-08-13T13:58:51+00:00

2015-08-13T17:23:17+00:00

AlmnostSteve

Change your nickname to AlmnostSlave and mine us ten dubs of obby.

2015-08-13T17:23:52+00:00

Macrepeh
AlmnostSteve

Change your nickname to AlmnostSlave and mine us ten dubs of obby.

me too!

2015-08-13T18:02:40+00:00

My application is the same…can i join?

2015-08-16T03:37:37+00:00

I will change to almnostpuppet or similar almnostslave is fine I guess.
But only if I am invited, I will change a week into my group

2015-08-17T03:52:20+00:00

You forgot to update this post after you changed your nickname.

2015-08-18T12:33:10+00:00

1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? Ghostedly, Congoray(<–Stole from a friend.)

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? The same time as I've been playing standard.

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? After I started playing standard, not before.

4.) How long have you been playing on Standard Survival? About 5-6 months.

5.) What is your age? 14

6.) What is your gender? Male.

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? Yes, I mainly speak English..

Berlin
Ally_craft
Kyle

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. Not really.

10.) Detail your experience with building. Not too bad, I believe.

11.) Detail your experience with mining. Takes me 30 minutes to mine up about 27 diamonds or something.

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. I can lose to you in IV, while you're in gold.

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? Being a dick to everyone? Or building.

14.) Have you ever been on a raid? Yes.

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? Not really… I build basic cannons.

16.) Do you want to raid my group? If so, why? Not really.

I would call in Agent Sacred. Or just laugh at them because they can't get in.

I would laugh and flame them hard.

I would like to be an architect because… I'm not really sure, but I kind of always wanted to play with someone else for a change… Someone who is better than me at PvP, building, mining, and everything else.

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree. I agree with all of them.

2015-08-18T14:15:37+00:00

Ghostedly
1.) What is your Minecraft username? How did you choose it? Ghostedly, Congoray(<–Stole from a friend.)

2.) How long have you been playing Minecraft? The same time as I've been playing standard.

3.) Have you ever played on a survival and/or factions server before? After I started playing standard, not before.

5.) What is your age? 14

7.) Is your primary language English? If not, what is your primary language? Will this affect your gameplay? Yes, I mainly speak English..

Berlin
Ally_craft
Kyle

9.) Do you have any enemies on this server? If so, please, list them. Not really.

11.) Detail your experience with mining. Takes me 30 minutes to mine up about 27 diamonds or something.

12.) Detail your experience with PvP. I can lose to you in IV, while you're in gold.

13.) What would you say is your best ability on Minecraft? Being a dick to everyone? Or building.

15.) Can you build a TNT cannon and effectively destroy a base? Not really… I build basic cannons.

I would like to be an architect because… I'm not really sure, but I kind of always wanted to play with someone else for a change… Someone who is better than me at PvP, building, mining, and everything else.

20.) Do you agree to the rules of the group? If not, please cite the rules with which you do not agree. I agree with all of them.

Ezzzzzzzzz

2015-08-18T22:42:48+00:00

CaekNoob

5.) What is your age? 14

Berlin
Ally_craft
Kyle

Remember when we killed your donkey while you tried escaping to spawn with it? Well, anyways, we don't allow compulsive liars into our group. Also, you're a salty mango and that would probably be yucky.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You must login before you can post a reply