Standard Survival Forums

2013-11-26T02:42:24+00:00

Alright, so I have a slightly more open schedule. So here's the deal:

I will now be accepting screenshots of anyone using sexual content or language in an offensive way and mute people who I deem as going too far. BUT you must follow the guidelines set in place! There are reasons why I set it up this way and any deviation from it will result in me either asking you to post more proof or completely blowing it off.

1. 3 screen shots minimum. This is not debatable. Do not sway me with less than this.

2. One screenshot needs to show someone made an attempt to stop them from slandering or talking like they were and they continue on. If I don't see an attempt to stop them, I will assume that they didn't know better as most cases, if someone doesn't interfere to stop it, it is mild at best. I'll get more into that later.

3. One screenshot showing an offensive word will not work. I'll ignore it.

4. Three screenshots that show an argument between you and the offender is discouraged. Simply because at that point, I have to decipher what is retaliation to the argument and what was the initial defamation. If I deem you sparked more crap than what the offender has done, I'll ask for more proof before the fight. If it can't be provided, I won't punish over it. ASK ONCE FOR THEM TO STOP! If they do not, let the screenshots tell the story, not your violent reaction.

I think that's all that I need to cover that…

Now, if I find that a person has indeed wrongfully used a sexual tone or defamed someone with that language, I will MUTE the person accused.

If you are the one muted, you MUST appeal using the sticky provided in this forum section. Posts on the forums that simply blast out why you were muted and raising hell will be deleted or locked and you'll be redirected to the sticky I mentioned.

With a reply to it, either I or Server will release the mute from you and let you be on your way. If you're once again reported for use of language and it is deemed wrongful, I'll ban. The length will depend on the severity of the offense. Again, the appeals sticky will be the place to appeal the ban, but I'll be harsher about unbanning the offender… If I find you might have learned a lesson, I or server will once again release you… A third time reported will be a permanent ban. No bullshit. Any appeals after that will be ignored by me unless Server decided to let the offender try again, but that will be his discretion and not mine. I might set some rules, but he is still the boss. And what he says goes!

What I am looking for in these screenshots will be the following. These are also the things that people will be looking out for, so everyone read this and know what will NOT be tolerated:

- DEFAMATORY USE ,OR OFFENSIVE REFERENCE THROUGH ABSTRACT MEANS, TO ANYTHING SEXUAL IN NATURE OR PERTAINING TO RAPE, SEX, DICKS, PENIS OR VAGINAS, OR PUSSIES.

- RACIAL SLURS USED IN EXCESS THAT IS FOUND TO BE IN BAD TASTE. THAT INCLUDES ASKING OR REFERENCING TO THE ORIGINS OF A PLAYER'S RACE WHO IS NOT OF THAT RACE OR DOES NOT WISH TO SHARE THAT INFORMATION.

All of this will be at my discretion as to whether it is in bad taste or not. If I find it is not, and you disagree, take it to Server. If he agrees with me, sorry. If I find it's not and he decides differently, awesome. Again, server is my boss. But just because that is so doesn't mean our opinions always match. And I won't argue over any point he decides on. I'll just agree with it and move on. So even if I disagree with something, getting him to agree to mute/ban a person over something I threw out is just as effective, but know he is busier than I am.

Either way, we've kinda went hog wild without a system like this for a while. More and more players are starting to appear that are offended by this material and are leaving because of it. While it kinda goes away from the server's gruff nature, we need this kind of reform to continue to attract new players and experience more change and growth.

Hope this helps with everything guys! See ya in a bit.

Crim

2013-11-26T03:58:38+00:00

You tell em Crim!

2013-11-26T13:15:51+00:00

100% agreement with this thread.
Thankyou crimson and server for your awesome work on this server and making it better.
Thank you on behalf of the impolite ungreatful but nevertheless thoughtful players of standard who don't bother to voice their thankyous.
Nice work both of you!

2013-11-26T15:25:29+00:00

100% agreed BUT if i get pissed off i may use the "F" word alot and im sorry for using it alot

2013-11-26T15:34:49+00:00

thetropicalwave100% agreed BUT if i get pissed off i may use the "F" word alot and im sorry for using it alot

Well, there's a difference between cursing and being mad than dragging someone in the dirt over their race or using crude sexual references toward someone. I could care less if someone cusses. Just don't being the race and sexually charged stuff to standard. Which for you, should be no problem.

2013-11-28T23:02:36+00:00

I had screenshots of some stuff, but I deleted them, taking too much space in my tiny folder ._.

2013-11-28T23:13:51+00:00

Thanks crim! I'm glad you're cracking down on these people once and for all!

2013-12-01T00:06:49+00:00

Bumping this post and sticking it to show I'm not joking.

2013-12-01T05:41:01+00:00

AHEM.

sexual harrasment.

Crim this is not a one off, he is constantly like this, every singly time hes on the server

P.s. he has a alt Joseph_Kony. Make sure to do what you do to one, to the other
Edited by Shamoo 2013-12-01T05:45:21+00:00
You must login before you can post a reply