Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2013-08-22T01:10:12+00:00

Hey all, a few of you are probably gonna hate me for this, but I think it's about time to change things up for the better regarding the end, as it has been "hogged" by some certain individuals for quite some time now. Everyone should have a chance to be able to reach the end and grab a kill on the ender dragon once in a while. Also, it would be a good world to allow wither spawning in to finally get beacons obtainable in the server via legit means.

I also don't like how the enderman spawner completely breaks the game in terms of xp and enchants. I know its just "part of the game", but it makes things way too easy, in a similar vein of me spawning people diamonds or allowing TP.

I think the best solution is fairly regular and automated resets of the end, thinking possibly every week. I'm going to implement this very soon, within the next few days. It will warp you out of the end should you be caught there when the reset happens, to make sure no one dies during the process.

EDIT:
The way it's going to work is like this:

When I deploy the changes soon, it will start a 7 day countdown. It will announce to everyone every hour or so (configurable) when the next reset is going to happen.

When the countdown reaches 0, the end will reset. Any players in the end at this time will be sent back to their beds or spawn. I will delete the old end portals around 1.5 spawn from the world, and a new portal will generate somewhere around 1.6 spawn. You will have to use eyes of ender to find it. It will just be a new room with the portal frame, no stronghold.

Once the dragon is killed, a new countdown will start, and the process will repeat.

I'm also making sure that players joining the server in an “old end” will automatically be sent to their bed or spawn to prevent any sort of accidental void deaths.

Serge
Edited by Server 2013-08-26T21:09:31+00:00

2013-08-22T01:11:10+00:00

All Right! I always wanted to slay the Ender Dragon!

2013-08-22T01:14:09+00:00

yeewww thank you server and I have a end portal claimed close to 1.5 spawn so ill make my portal free to use to the server

2013-08-22T01:14:19+00:00

Serge i personally think you should also move the end portals to i'd say new lands? in this case that way more people yet also are able to find the portal at different places instead of someone to keep hoggin and claiming the entrance.

- Adonis

2013-08-22T01:15:07+00:00

You might as well ask him to reset the whole world.

2013-08-22T01:16:19+00:00

No. this doesn't need a world reset it just simply needs deleting and replacing.

2013-08-22T01:16:20+00:00

No xp farm? dammit lol

2013-08-22T01:17:08+00:00

I know Gyro's gonna throw a fit, especially Punk, but time rolls on.

Regardless, how do you plan on protecting the portals in the overworld? If a faction claims the portals, they can just jump right in once a reset happens and kill the end dragon before anyone else gets a hit in.

It looks like you have been contemplating it a while, though, so good show on that. I just hate that Gyro was under my rule when it came to us actually taking and hogging the End, especially if it was gonna cause havoc like it has done. >.> I was partly to blame on that, and I do apologize for the hassles. Just had to have an enderman spawner, though. Even if I don't use it anymore. lol.

But I will agree that it will make things a bit more fair for others who don't have access to an instant leveling machine type thing.

2013-08-22T01:17:29+00:00

Well, if you say so. I'm not really sure how to run a server.

2013-08-22T01:20:03+00:00

CrimsonAngelI know Gyro's gonna throw a fit, especially Punk, but time rolls on.

Regardless, how do you plan on protecting the portals in the overworld? If a faction claims the portals, they can just jump right in once a reset happens and kill the end dragon before anyone else gets a hit in.

It looks like you have been contemplating it a while, though, so good show on that. I just hate that Gyro was under my rule when it came to us actually taking and hogging the End, especially if it was gonna cause havoc like it has done. >.> I was partly to blame on that, and I do apologize for the hassles. Just had to have an enderman spawner, though. Even if I don't use it anymore. lol.

But I will agree that it will make things a bit more fair for others who don't have access to an instant leveling machine type thing.

Yeah I've considered this problem. I think a good solution is to either safezone all the portals, or modify Factions to make "phantom chunks" that cant be claimed so that the portal locations aren't as obvious. Of course, I'd probably just make random new end portals near 1.6 spawn. No strongholds sadly as I'm not going to go through the process of creating them by hand, just a simple room with the portal.

2013-08-22T01:21:31+00:00

Near the spawn? Why is EVERYTHING at the spawn?

2013-08-22T01:22:39+00:00

Well that truly is a good idea, but i would just say make a spawn for the end and make it a safe zone.

2013-08-22T01:26:37+00:00

ServerYeah I've considered this problem. I think a good solution is to either safezone all the portals, or modify Factions to make "phantom chunks" that cant be claimed so that the portal locations aren't as obvious. Of course, I'd probably just make random new end portals near 1.6 spawn. No strongholds sadly as I'm not going to go through the process of creating them by hand, just a simple room with the portal.

I like that phantom chunk idea. Allows for multiple groups to go in, no one hogs it, if you wanna fight over it, have at it, etc. No butthurt children! Thank God. XD Only other problem I potentially see coming would be doing the same thing in the end. Making the entire end a phantom chunk so people don't claim the end… not that it'd matter since you'd only get a week in there, but still, I can see problems with that.

I figure that the portals don't have to be fancy, just something that'll effectively take the players to the end. Maybe disable the other known portals as well to ensure that the groups in charge don't jump in and seal it off.

2013-08-22T01:27:56+00:00

Server, couldn't you randomise the portals instead of concentrating them at spawn?

2013-08-22T01:29:57+00:00

pokeking1999Server, couldn't you randomise the portals instead of concentrating them at spawn?

When I say "near 1.6 spawn", I meant within the regular portal distance that existing ones are from 1.5 spawn.

2013-08-22T01:31:12+00:00

Pfffttttt you know what >_> nvm what i said

2013-08-22T01:32:36+00:00

ServerWhen I say "near 1.6 spawn", I meant within the regular portal distance that existing ones are from 1.5 spawn.

To clarify, that's anywhere from 50 - 5000 blocks away. I don't know exactly which one was the furthest away, but the one Gyro owns is around 1500 blocks out.

2013-08-22T01:32:42+00:00

Regular Portal Distance. Hang on, ima go check it out.

Ok, I guess that's fair, but not very convinient for people who live far from spawn.

2013-08-22T01:36:39+00:00

You should make the end reset every month instead

2013-08-22T01:37:14+00:00

ServerAlso, it would be a good world to allow wither spawning in to finally get beacons obtainable in the server via legit means.

Huh, just caught this.

Aren't withers extremely destructive, though? Like… can blast claimed chests and doors? o_o There's probably a code to modify this, but I was always told that was part of the reason they weren't on the old server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You must login before you can post a reply