Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2

2019-01-28T02:09:20+00:00

Sorry for the low quality. Uploaded it as fast as I could. Lol

Server said that glitching is not allowed, yet he still did it. Server told me to post, so I did. Please ban SiloTheBomb for continuously glitching into bases even when told not to. I urge ANYONE who has been a victim of Silo's glitch attacks to speak up. (Skip to 2:10 for the most blatant evidence but watch the full video)

Edit: https://youtu.be/AZfmRfxyNPg

Edited by Nole 2019-01-28T03:54:38+00:00

2019-01-28T02:27:11+00:00

Bump
video works

2019-01-28T02:42:22+00:00

rip silo

2019-01-28T08:16:31+00:00

Wait what, glitching is not allowed anymore? So obby bases now went from a 95% security to 99,99%.

2019-01-28T08:36:55+00:00

SiloTheBanned?

2019-01-28T19:36:07+00:00

@bbb we are on a creative building server now lol…

2019-01-28T23:29:02+00:00

Yo that guy at the door is doin bits, just the way he swings his arms, so elegant and has a way with words that just gets people killed

“Nice Skin” - what a genius, hit em with the positives when death approaches

2019-01-29T08:37:06+00:00

Reading through the server rules, I do not see anything specifically barring any player from utilizing a glitch (which is not the same as a hack/hacking). By the video, the server/an admin seems like they are against the abuse of the trapdoor glitch and maybe also against ender pearl glitching (not saying that Silo used an ender pearl glitch since that is not 100% conclusive from the video).

In the video, the Server says something that implies that it is against glitching (attachment below). The Server, in reference to Silo presumably, says this, "i said stop doing it and yet you keep doing it."

Now there are some problems with what the Server is implying by this statement:
1. If the Server is implying that the rules have changed, then they should be updated on the site and we should be notified. Even then, it does not seem right to condemn someone based on a new rule for a past offense before it was "legislated".
2. Since there is no rule against what Silo has done, it seems like the Server could instead be implying that this is not a general rule, but something against Silo specifically that he has been warned about. In that case, that seems totally unjustifiable for the Server to do that. What faith can we have in the admins if they decide to treat one player unequally and for violation of a non-rule or rule made just for them? It oversteps their role and I would recommend that they do not set that precedent.

As an aside, enforcing strict prohibitions against glitching is a bad idea, especially without outlining specific glitches. It would require the admins to interpret what is an intended use and what was intentional by the creators in every such glitchy situation. A better idea is to describe glitches that are outlawed. I am against the banning of ender pearl glitching and glitching through barriers because this is a standard survival server. I believe that it spoils the grief friendly atmosphere if you allow for players to create "safe-zones", that is, 100% impenetrable bases. Part of the creativity and enjoyment involved in SS is that fact that "prey" and "predators" are involved in a complicated game where one party tries to think of the best way to keep themselves safe and the other thinks of the best way to infiltrate in whatever scenario they encounter. If you remove the ability to glitch through doors, it essentially makes a straightforward base for every player with zero downsides (Obby base = locked doors = 100% safe). There is no longer any mind games involved. The predator's only chance is to camp the front door and nobody likes campers, not even campers think camping is fun (jk).

Server, please respond. Set a precedent. Elaborate on the rules.

Jommble

Gameplay and Rules
The server is focused on a pure survival experience. There are absolutely NO teleportation commands (/tp, /tpa, /back, /spawn). As in single player, you must know your bearings at all times. Sleeping in a bed will set your spawn to that location, in case you are far away from spawn.

There are no rules against griefing/raiding. You can simply play the survival game mode as you want on the server. Explore, build, craft, mine, kill, and do anything else. However, the following will not be tolerated:

Using hacked clients or similar to gain advantage over other players
Racism and racist remarks of any sort
Abuse that gets way beyond the point of friendly banter
Excessive spawn-killing This needs more elaboration as well btw.

Players breaking the above will be subject to removal, either by being kicked, banned temporarily or banned permanently, depending on the severity of the offense.

2019-01-29T12:21:51+00:00

In general, I can't go around banning people because someone writes that server wrote that "glitching is now bannable".

If this is going to be a real rule change, I'd say wait for server to post something in the announcements forum.

2019-01-29T18:03:14+00:00

hagar

In general, I can't go around banning people because someone writes that server wrote that "glitching is now bannable".

If this is going to be a real rule change, I'd say wait for server to post something in the announcements forum.

Exactly. Even if server decided glitching was now bannable he has not told the players. It would be unfan to ban a player who thought he was following the rules.
Edited by FrainBreeze 2019-01-29T18:03:38+00:00

2019-01-29T19:14:00+00:00

Frain_Breeze
hagar

Exactly. Even if server decided glitching was now bannable he has not told the players. It would be unfan to ban a player who thought he was following the rules.

SiloTheBomb came up to my base and told me to start recording because I had previously told him it was against the rules according to server. I have a clip somewhere (I will have to find it) where I specifically ask him about SiloTheBomb and if glitching was allowed (He says no). In Silo's defense he was not online when this happened, BUT I told him of Server's words before hand, and he did not believe me. This led him to think I was lying and come to my base to continue to glitch into my base. I recorded it and put it on the forums and here we are. Now, Server has specifically stated actions AGAINST Silo glitching (as seen in the video) and if he continues to do it from here on out (if not banned now) he has no way of saying "He did not know" or "Server never told me"

2019-01-29T19:15:23+00:00

kyledg12
Frain_Breeze
hagar

SiloTheBomb came up to my base and told me to start recording because I had previously told him it was against the rules according to server. I have a clip somewhere (I will have to find it) where I specifically ask him about SiloTheBomb and if glitching was allowed (He says no). In Silo's defense he was not online when this happened, BUT I told him of Server's words before hand, and he did not believe me. This led him to think I was lying and come to my base to continue to glitch into my base. I recorded it and put it on the forums and here we are. Now, Server has specifically stated actions AGAINST Silo glitching (as seen in the video) and if he continues to do it from here on out (if not banned now) he has no way of saying "He did not know" or "Server never told me"

Server told me you're not allowed to breathe. I know you weren't online and missed it but you should believe me because I said so. Die immediately please.
Edited by FrainBreeze 2019-01-29T19:15:43+00:00

2019-01-29T19:16:17+00:00

I don't recall saying anything was bannable, I just told him to stop and he didn't, and that makes me a sad panda

2019-01-29T19:17:03+00:00

hagar

Hagar, I was online when a discussion about that happened. I (mistakenly) said that server had never said anything about it, and he corrected me in saying he had said not to do it, and he suggested it has always been the case.

I may be mistaken AGAIN, though.

2019-01-29T19:26:29+00:00

Jommble
Reading through the server rules, I do not see anything specifically barring any player from utilizing a glitch (which is not the same as a hack/hacking). By the video, the server/an admin seems like they are against the abuse of the trapdoor glitch and maybe also against ender pearl glitching (not saying that Silo used an ender pearl glitch since that is not 100% conclusive from the video).

In the video, the Server says something that implies that it is against glitching (attachment below). The Server, in reference to Silo presumably, says this, "i said stop doing it and yet you keep doing it."

Now there are some problems with what the Server is implying by this statement:
1. If the Server is implying that the rules have changed, then they should be updated on the site and we should be notified. Even then, it does not seem right to condemn someone based on a new rule for a past offense before it was "legislated".
2. Since there is no rule against what Silo has done, it seems like the Server could instead be implying that this is not a general rule, but something against Silo specifically that he has been warned about. In that case, that seems totally unjustifiable for the Server to do that. What faith can we have in the admins if they decide to treat one player unequally and for violation of a non-rule or rule made just for them? It oversteps their role and I would recommend that they do not set that precedent.

As an aside, enforcing strict prohibitions against glitching is a bad idea, especially without outlining specific glitches. It would require the admins to interpret what is an intended use and what was intentional by the creators in every such glitchy situation. A better idea is to describe glitches that are outlawed. I am against the banning of ender pearl glitching and glitching through barriers because this is a standard survival server. I believe that it spoils the grief friendly atmosphere if you allow for players to create "safe-zones", that is, 100% impenetrable bases. Part of the creativity and enjoyment involved in SS is that fact that "prey" and "predators" are involved in a complicated game where one party tries to think of the best way to keep themselves safe and the other thinks of the best way to infiltrate in whatever scenario they encounter. If you remove the ability to glitch through doors, it essentially makes a straightforward base for every player with zero downsides (Obby base = locked doors = 100% safe). There is no longer any mind games involved. The predator's only chance is to camp the front door and nobody likes campers, not even campers think camping is fun (jk).

Server, please respond. Set a precedent. Elaborate on the rules.

Jommble

Gameplay and Rules
The server is focused on a pure survival experience. There are absolutely NO teleportation commands (/tp, /tpa, /back, /spawn). As in single player, you must know your bearings at all times. Sleeping in a bed will set your spawn to that location, in case you are far away from spawn.

There are no rules against griefing/raiding. You can simply play the survival game mode as you want on the server. Explore, build, craft, mine, kill, and do anything else. However, the following will not be tolerated:

Using hacked clients or similar to gain advantage over other players
Racism and racist remarks of any sort
Abuse that gets way beyond the point of friendly banter
Excessive spawn-killing  This needs more elaboration as well btw.

Players breaking the above will be subject to removal, either by being kicked, banned temporarily or banned permanently, depending on the severity of the offense.

I agree with you that removing ender pearl glitches would violate the "Standard Survival" aspect of the server. But it is a very different "survival" game when you can stand on top of a base, log offline, log online again and you fall through 3-4 layers of blocks as if they were never there. That is not survival, that is not pearling, that is a glitch which "gains an unfair advantage on other players" as stated in the rules.

Also, If you're stuck inside blocks 5-6 layers thick (as silo was) I do not think it should be in the game that you can throw 3 pearls and be out of it. Me and Drummer were inside our base and Silo believed it to be one block thick (as it was the first time he attacked and i made it 3-4 blocks thick afterwards). He pearled and got stuck presumably inside the 3rd block and had to heal himself and log offline before dying. Me and Drummer made a giant cube of solid block around him anywhere from 5-7 blocks thick and he logs online only to throw a few ender pearls and be out of it. I believe I heard a rumor that this is due to some kind of mechanic server removed (I am not sure) that you use to be able to throw a pearl only if there was not a block within a certain radius of you. According to this rumor that has been removed so even if you are inside blocks you can still throw pearls. Im not sure how true this is but it allows for a lot of glitches throughout the game.

Also, in the video he is not pearl glitching through a trap door, but just glitching. This has been a glitch in the past, but to my understanding was never addressed, and at the very least should be now. We should get clear defined rules on what glitches are not allowed (As it would be impossible to say which ones are allowed as new ones come out all the time). I am a raider/griefer as well and don't prefer every base to be 100% safe. That would make the game boring and you could only kill people out in the open (assuming they dont have IV and totems with them). I just think It should not be allowed where you are inside your base and no matter the material or thickness someone can just enderpearl through 10-block thick bases (I know thats an exaggeration but you get the point).

I also recognize that my base is cobble, and if I were to use a different material it would be a different story. I need a better base and am working on that, but it is quite difficult to do when every time I log in "Hackusations11" shows up outside my door and is inside within seconds through abusing logging glitches (for the most part). (I am also not complaining it is 100% allowed to kill ad grief but I was just pointing that out). I think most of the server can vouch that they see him log in and out continuously until he is through a roof or wall and it happens on a continuous basis. I personally consider that "abusing glitches" or "abusing log glitches." I'd like to point out that there is no solid video proof (that I know of) of Silo log glitching through bases but I'd like to point it out specifically to see the ruling on its allowance or not.
Edited by Nole 2019-01-29T19:27:52+00:00

2019-01-29T19:27:42+00:00

Server
I don't recall saying anything was bannable, I just told him to stop and he didn't, and that makes me a sad panda

Thats fine if you say glitching is not bannable, or have no recollection of saying it is/is not. Can we get a clear definition on if certain glitches are allowed or not allowed in the game? Thanks

2019-01-29T19:28:09+00:00

show me where im abusing log glitches child. so far you have me going through a trap door!keep up the good work sherlock

2019-01-29T19:36:53+00:00

Hackusation11
show me where im abusing log glitches child. so far you have me going through a trap door!keep up the good work sherlock

I'd like to point out that there is no solid video proof (that I know of) of Silo log glitching through bases but I'd like to point it out specifically to see the ruling on its allowance or not.

You either are blind, can not read, or just can not comprehend what I wrote….

2019-01-29T19:59:29+00:00

1A!

2019-01-29T20:00:50+00:00

I honestly think it should be fine to ban silo for over abusing glitches. He had 10+ accounts anyways lol
Pages: 1 2
You must login before you can post a reply