Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2

2017-11-06T02:13:13+00:00

So, unfortunately the US has not been graced with peace these past few days. For those of you who heard or haven't, this will either be a reminder of it, or enlightenment. Also, I'd like to state this now; I do not know if this is a legal thread to post or not, so be lenient, Mods.

So. On Tuesday, there was an ISIS member that decided to take a few lives by renting a car and driving onto a bike path, with high speeds. He took 8 cyclist lives, then rammed into a school bus, jumped out of the car wielding a paintball gun in one hand, and a pellet gun in the other, while shouting "Allah Akbar." New York City.

On Wednesday, there was a lunatic that decided to walk into a Walmart and open fire, killing 3. Colorado.

On Sunday/Today, a man ran into a Church and opened fire, killing at least 27 people(numbers are still being assessed and released to the public), and injuring many more. Texas.

Now, there have been more shootings these past few weeks than that, and many more lives being taken, but not all of them were "mass shootings," like these. I say that in quotation marks because to me, 3 victims isn't really a mass shooting, but by definition, it indeed is.

Although many of you might argue that I shouldn't really be posting things like this on a forum made for a Minecraft Server, I say differently. This server is full of adults around my age, if not twice, or more. And like the adults we are, we shouldn't just throw this to the side, this is a serious thing that is happening now, and relatively near almost all of us. I, of course, am speaking for the Americans on this server while saying that, but that does not mean these shootings shouldn't be acknowledged globally, because it could literally happen at any moment, if it already hasn't. And that does not mean it will never happen. Truth is, the world really isn't a safe place, and there are people out there that do not mind hurting others.

I'm not saying stay indoors where it's safe, because honesty, nowhere is safe. But at least be mindful of things, because this isn't only happening in the US, it's a global on-going problem that seems to have gone rampant.

The whole reason why I posted this is to just enlighten everyone of the current, saddening events, that are happening in the US, and lately it is only seeming to happen more often. One can only imagine what the future holds. Like, honestly, 3 or more mass shootings in a week? What are we trying to do, set a new record? (I apologize if that joke wasn't taken lightly)

My condolences for those who have loss.
Edited by Nef 2017-11-06T02:44:35+00:00

2017-11-06T02:17:52+00:00

Thanks, Nef, for updating us. I heard a little about some of the shootings but you have shed some more light on it.

2017-11-06T02:25:29+00:00

Nefeloma
So, unfortunately the US has not been graced with peace these past few days. For those of you who heard or haven't, this will either be a reminder of it, or enlightenment. Also, I'd like to state this now; I do not know if this is a legal thread to post or not, so be lenient, Mods.

So. On Tuesday, there was an ISIS member that decided to take a few lives by renting a car and driving onto a bike path, with high speeds. He took 8 cyclist lives, then rammed into a school bus, jumped out of the car wielding a paintball gun in one hand, and a pellet gun in the other, while shouting "Allah Akbar." New York City.

On Wednesday, there was a lunatic that decided to walk into a Walmart and open fire, killing 3. Colorado.

On Sunday/Today, a man ran into a Church and opened fire, killing at least 27 people(numbers are still being assessed and released to the public), and injuring many more. Texas.

Now, there have been more shootings these past few weeks than that, and many more lives being taken, but not all of them were "mass shootings," like these. I say that in quotation marks because to me, 3 victims isn't really a mass shooting, but by definition, it indeed is.

Although many of you might argue that I shouldn't really be posting things like this on a forum made for a Minecraft Server, I say differently. This server is full of adults around my age, if not twice, or more. And like the adults we are, we shouldn't just throw this to the side, this is a serious thing that is happening now, and relatively near almost all of us. I, of course, am speaking for the Americans on this server while saying that, but that does not mean these shootings shouldn't be acknowledged globally, because it could literally happen at any moment, if it already hasn't. And that does not mean it will never happen. Truth is, the world really isn't a safe place, and there are people out there that do not mind hurting others.

I'm not saying stay indoors where it's safe, because honesty, nowhere I safe. But at least be mindful of things, because this isn't only happening in the US, it's a global on-going problem that seems to have gone rampant.

The whole reason why I posted this is to just enlighten everyone of the current, saddening events, that are happening in the US, and lately it is only seeming to happen more often. One can only imagine what the future holds. Like, honestly, 3 or more mass shootings in a week? What are we trying to do, set a new record? (I apologize if that joke wasn't taken lightly)

i didnt know about any of this thank you!

2017-11-06T13:26:06+00:00

Thank you for shedding more light on this, Nef. It's so sad what has been happening in our country recently. My condolences to all the victims and their families. Possibly one of these shooting will finally bring our country back together, united under one flag, but that doesn't seem likely.

No matter what race, religious belief, sexual orientation or whatever "class" or "slot" you've been given a shooting is a shooting. And it is awful, and isn't fair, and shouldn't happen. Be safe out there everyone.

2017-11-06T15:20:41+00:00

that happends when everyone is allowed to own a gun in a country

2017-11-06T17:34:57+00:00

GerbLoveChickens

Take away gun rights and only the criminals will be armed.

Animals970
Thank you for shedding more light on this, Nef. It's so sad what has been happening in our country recently. My condolences to all the victims and their families. Possibly one of these shooting will finally bring our country back together, united under one flag, but that doesn't seem likely.

No matter what race, religious belief, sexual orientation or whatever "class" or "slot" you've been given a shooting is a shooting. And it is awful, and isn't fair, and shouldn't happen. Be safe out there everyone.

That won't happen as long as multi-billionaires like the jew Soros fund groups such as Antifa, BLM, and new feminism. Stability and unity isn't coming to the US yet, what comes first is mayhem.

2017-11-06T20:09:15+00:00

Feben
GerbLoveChickens

Animals970

That won't happen as long as multi-billionaires like the jew Soros fund groups such as Antifa, BLM, and new feminism. Stability and unity isn't coming to the US yet, what comes first is mayhem.

You're absolutely right, Fabian. Funny to find our views are similar on this. Not that I would have believed otherwise… Just kinda neat.

2017-11-06T20:19:26+00:00

Feben
GerbLoveChickens

lol, hillbilly
Edited by Heth 2017-11-06T20:47:33+00:00

2017-11-06T21:27:01+00:00

FishOfButter
Feben
GerbLoveChickens

lol, hillbilly

He maybe a "hillbilly," but he is a correct hillbilly.

2017-11-06T22:10:37+00:00

Azmavarim
FishOfButter
Feben
GerbLoveChickens

lol, hillbilly

He maybe a "hillbilly," but he is a correct hillbilly.

big call

2017-11-06T22:13:39+00:00

Edited by Mushie 2017-11-06T22:20:05+00:00

2017-11-06T22:50:27+00:00

Nefeloma

I'm not saying stay indoors where it's safe, because honesty, nowhere is safe. But at least be mindful of things, because this isn't only happening in the US, it's a global on-going problem that seems to have gone rampant.

prayers dont do anything

2017-11-07T00:51:46+00:00

It is so sad.

Evil people kill other people. They will use whatever they have, trucks, pot bombs, whatever.

Gun laws won't stop people who have no respect for laws.

Here is the chart from the American Enterprise  Institute:

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart-of-the-day-more-guns-less-gun-violence-between-1993-and-2013/

Edited by lightpaths 2017-11-07T00:55:14+00:00

2017-11-07T18:37:28+00:00

Australia.

2017-11-07T20:32:04+00:00

Australia? Care to elaborate?
Edited by Nef 2017-11-07T20:32:16+00:00

2017-11-07T20:51:10+00:00

After the Port Arthur shooting in 1996, 35 dead, the government took all the guns off the people, and since then there's been very few (3 total) incidents with guns.

The worst being the hunt family murders, where some hillbilly killed his wife and three children
Edited by Hethrox 2017-11-07T20:54:40+00:00

2017-11-07T21:36:27+00:00

This shit is cranking up my anxiety to new heights.
I mean really? I church and a bike path? Goodness….

2017-11-08T00:41:14+00:00

lightpaths
It is so sad.

Evil people kill other people. They will use whatever they have, trucks, pot bombs, whatever.

Gun laws won't stop people who have no respect for laws.

Here is the chart from the American Enterprise  Institute:

http://www.aei.org/publication/chart-of-the-day-more-guns-less-gun-violence-between-1993-and-2013/

Right, guns don't kill people. People kill people.

2017-11-08T02:18:01+00:00

Nefeloma
Australia? Care to elaborate?

I assume that he's referring to the laws on gun control in Australia. There were 13 mass shootings from 1979-1996, ending with the Port Arthur Massacre. The Australian government then created gun control laws, and there has not been a mass shooting in Australia since Port Arthur.

2017-11-08T14:46:43+00:00

But Australia is a fairly new country with a much lower populace than the USA. It's also geographically seperated. I feel like it would be much easier to illegally get your hands on a gun in the USA than in Australia. Gun laws don't change the number of illegal guns, only legible guns.
Pages: 1 2
You must login before you can post a reply