Standard Survival Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5

2016-10-25T23:17:12+00:00

If you have been muted or banned for any reason and wish to appeal such a ban, post here.

Some stuff to know:

1. If you have been banned by a mod or server, only that mod or server can unban you. For example, if a mod bans you for… spawn killing, I cannot override their decision, so your appeal would be to them or server, as he is over all of us.

2. Mutes can be appealed by any mod that is willing to hear out the appeal. Whatever the mod says will go unless server intervenes. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL! If we tell you to wait, you will wait. If you make a big deal out of it, the sentence may be extended, potentially into a temp ban or a permanent one if it gets serious enough.

3. Server automatically overrules anything myself and any other mod set in place. If I decide to lift a ban I placed on someone, and server says no and rebans you, there's nothing I can do about it. He is my boss, and I will not go against him.

4. This is not a thread to argue a point! This is for appeals only! All other posts will be deleted. If there are any players that reply to appeals with their opinions repeatedly will be deleted, potentially suffering in game consequences themselves. After resolution, all appeals will be deleted.

5. Anyone banned prior to this going up is excluded from these appeals, and cannot appeal except to server directly through other means.

As far as the appeal format, you will need to explain the following:

1. What happened?
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again?
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what?
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned?

And I mean a good explanation, no one word responses or half assed good looking words. You do this and end up muted/banned again, no more appeals. One shot is all you get. Don't screw it up.

Also, after roughly 2 weeks, to keep this topic relevant to more recent events, I will delete anything that has been resolved, declined, or given up on. Anything that hasn't been issued a response at this point will be looked into and I'll issue a verdict at that point.

If you are not the player who is appealing or if you're appealing for someone only because they themselves cannot appeal. DO NOT POST on this topic. It is not a place for outside discussion flames, or rallies.

2016-12-25T07:34:57+00:00

AlmnostSteve
1. What happened?

I was banned from the server for typing /suicide a few times

Be careful with scripts

Use other means of suicide

To play the game…

Fixed shortly after this happened

2017-01-08T17:46:36+00:00

1. What happened? Basically my cat jumped on my desk spilt beer on my keyboard then some of my keys got stuck and I couldn't control the spam
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? Stop drinking beer and slay the pussy
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? Cats are evil man just ruthless little bastards
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? To play like a genuine citizen like I always have done because I'm a very nice quiet player that doesn't disturb or harm anyone

Safe fam
Edited by Brettzilla 2017-01-08T23:15:48+00:00

2017-02-01T01:24:31+00:00

I was on my alt, Sir_Psycho_Sexy. A shitty name but I didn't chose it. Anyways, I believe i was banned because omar was doubting my alts, so i logged into a few and said "Omar you're gay" in order to prove they're my alts. I think this triggered mr.spam filter thus getting me banned. Yea, i realize now i'm a total ass.

What was I banned for? The spam filter, i'm assuming.
What will I do to prevent this from happening a second time? I wont immediately say shit when I log in
Have you learned anything from this experience? The spam filter needs to be updated, and I shouldn't be so damn annoying to begin with.
What are your intentions if you were un-banned? I'd play SS without picking fights and being an ass, for instance spamming or even cheating if that's what i'm accused of. <I'm not cheating tho>

Please note that it's an IP ban as well.
Thank you for your time, -TheLegend27
Edited by Gate 2017-02-01T02:36:24+00:00

2017-02-01T04:09:14+00:00

Th3Legend_27_
I was on my alt, Sir_Psycho_Sexy. A shitty name but I didn't chose it. Anyways, I believe i was banned because omar was doubting my alts, so i logged into a few and said "Omar you're gay" in order to prove they're my alts. I think this triggered mr.spam filter thus getting me banned. Yea, i realize now i'm a total ass.

What was I banned for? The spam filter, i'm assuming.
What will I do to prevent this from happening a second time? I wont immediately say shit when I log in
Have you learned anything from this experience? The spam filter needs to be updated, and I shouldn't be so damn annoying to begin with.
What are your intentions if you were un-banned? I'd play SS without picking fights and being an ass, for instance spamming or even cheating if that's what i'm accused of. <I'm not cheating tho>

Please note that it's an IP ban as well.
Thank you for your time, -TheLegend27

Spam filter can be a bit touchy, but it is in place for a reason. Unfortunately, with it being an ip ban, server himself has to undo it. Once he is able to, he should be ok to do it, just watch for the warnings and don't be so quick on the responses.

2017-02-01T04:12:49+00:00

Grillzilla16
CrimsonAngel
Bretttzilla
1. What happened? Basically my cat jumped on my desk spilt beer on my keyboard then some of my keys got stuck and I couldn't control the spam
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? Stop drinking beer and slay the pussy
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? Cats are evil man just ruthless little bastards
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? To play like a genuine citizen like I always have done because I'm a very nice quiet player that doesn't disturb or harm anyone

Safe fam

Anyone know whether Brett was reinstated? Or if a decision was made concerning this?

Jester banned him for spamming and ban circumvention on his alt pocahontasx

Cool, makes sense. Brett, Jester will undo the ban when he sees fit. Until then, don't circumvent bans and appeal again later.

Also, cleaned out the thread to show only important posts and most recent appeals. If yours wasn't resolved and you believe it was deleted in error or misjudged, appeal again.

2017-02-09T15:57:37+00:00

Bretttzilla

Safe fam

I understand this is probably a troll post because it's "funny"; However, I'll treat it as real.

Appeal denied, at least have the balls to man up and admit that you spammed. I wont even consider this request.

2017-02-09T20:47:57+00:00

I'm not sure if this is how it works but my friend tried playing on this server but got banned after playing for a few minutes. I'm making this post because he can't register for the server since he has to join and obviously cannot since he is banned.

I'm pretty sure he was banned for attempting to suicide, or I think it was the spam filter acting up since he wasn't spamming the chat or anything.

I don't know if this counts as an appeal but maybe he can be temporarily unbanned to make his own appeal. His IGN is "moyo65"

Any input will be appreciated, thanks.

2017-02-12T01:39:11+00:00

Dear, Server
My Friend DeepDiscovery
Has recently been banned and we cannot contact the server rn.
So i have come to ask for a unban for my dear friend. We were playing at one point when he randomly got kicked we do not know what for and would like to know. If so could we please have him unbanned.
We do not know what happened
We will try to avoid any of these incidents in the future
We have learned that we may not know what happened but will be terribly sorry for what problems we have caused.
We intend to play together and enjoy it
Thank you for your time

Sincerely,
SypherDestinize, DeepDiscovery

2017-02-22T18:41:26+00:00

1. What happened? I spammed intentionally and maliciously.
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? I will refrain myself from this type of ill mannered behavior ever again because it leads to nowhere other than being penalized.
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? I have learned that I was acting childish and vindictive and have also realized that it's not funny nor clever to be that way.
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? To play the server and communicate maturely with other people and not act childish or foolish.
Edited by Brettzilla 2017-02-22T18:41:53+00:00

2017-02-24T17:02:26+00:00

1.what happened? I made a post with references to another server and I believe my intentions were mis-interpreted.
2. what will you do to keep this from happening again? I wont mention other servers at all in SS.
3.have you learned anything from this experience? absolutely, it seems people read between the lines sometimes when there was no hidden message on my behalf.
4. what are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? to continue playing and obeying the rules.

I was not trying to promote or recruit for the other server, or steal away the player base from SS. when I said "ask the involved parties for details", I did not mean the IP, only the going's on as it involves a few prominent SS players. I specifically didn't even name the other server and I promised the owner that I would not be giving out the IP. please also note, I said it was a different kind of environment and I don't think it currently has any potential longevity. I swear I am not trying to steal away the player base from SS for this other server. The purpose of my post was a "current events" kind of thing as many have inquired as to my doings while I was banned.

No harm was meant in any way, and if it came across that way, the post could have been edited or deleted. I feel jumping me from a "mute" status to "perma-banned" a bit harsh. I would like the see SSV from start to finish.

Jester, kindly reconsider your ruling on this matter.

2017-04-08T22:07:29+00:00

What happened? I logged onto my alt, messaged goldy about nether, and got banned for spam.
what will I do keep this from happening again? well what the hell can I do until that spam filter gets updated? I could try taking 10 minutes in between messages.
Have you learned anything from this experience? yea, it's that alts have a tendency of getting falsely IP banned for spam, and now I know not to message quickly.
What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? playing ss as I was 10 minutes ago. (Mending armor, doing nothing at all that would appear bannable.)

It's an IP ban as well, messaged perse about it. this is just incase she doesnt see it for w/e reason.

tanks, - moppie

2017-04-16T05:09:38+00:00

Moppie, has your issue been resolved yet or no? I unbanned you a couple of times already, but haven't seen you log in yet. You'll want to log out of the website completely before logging into the game, I believe. Let me know what happens.

2017-04-16T19:52:10+00:00

Just putting it out there that Archer would like to be considered for possible forum unban. He said he is sorry for forum spamming and has learned his lesson and was asking for someone to communicate this in the forums.

I have no idea what all happened with any of that. Just passing this along.

2017-04-17T07:06:13+00:00

Persephinie
Moppie, has your issue been resolved yet or no? I unbanned you a couple of times already, but haven't seen you log in yet. You'll want to log out of the website completely before logging into the game, I believe. Let me know what happens.

Yea, I logged in perse. Just have been busy irl, thanks for the help

2017-04-17T11:47:14+00:00

1. What happened? I spammed an offensive term in the chat.
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? I will think before I act and be wise with what I put in chat.
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? I learned that it is not okay to say whatever I want whenever I want.
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? My intentions are to not spam ever because of the spam bot but also to communicate with other players like a normal person instead of a psychopath.

Side Note: Webchat has no spam filter.

2017-04-18T05:16:41+00:00

Beqstly
2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? I will think before I act and be wise with what I put in chat.
3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? I learned that it is not okay to say whatever I want whenever I want.
4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? My intentions are to not spam ever because of the spam bot but also to communicate with other players like a normal person instead of a psychopath.

I will get back to you on this request soon, Beastly.

2017-04-18T05:58:19+00:00

Beqstly

Yeah, you can be unmuted in my opinion.

2017-04-19T02:25:57+00:00

1. What happened? I was trying to talk to BeastPluto and it banned me for spam.

2. What will you do to keep this from happening again? I won't talk so fast in chat, and be more careful.

3. Have you learned anything from this experience? And what? Yes, I have learned not to spam chat as fast, or talk as fast.

4. What are your intentions if you are unmuted/unbanned? I will play on this server like any other player, but I won't ever spam.

2017-05-02T05:13:52+00:00

1. What happened?

I got banned a week ago when I logged in after not having played for about 8 months.
The message received when I got banned said: "The banhammer has spoken.", I don't know
the reason for getting banned but I think it was because I was using a vpn service
(PIA, using server UK Southampton or France). I used a different account after disconnecting from my vpn
and it didn't get banned so that's why I think it was the issue.

I will make sure that the vpn software is disabled when I am logging in on the server.

To make sure that I'm not connected to a vpn service, wich is something I usually do because it gives me higher ping.

To relax and play minecraft like most players. I usually play with a friend to build a base or
farm some materials and I don't cause any trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
You must login before you can post a reply